Exploring Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution
In the heart of Granville County, North Carolina, lies the Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution, a medium-security prison that plays a vital role in the United States’ corrections system. This facility, designed to accommodate approximately 1,400 inmates, has a rich history dating back to its incorporation into the Butner Federal Correctional Complex in 2006. In this article, we will delve into the various aspects of Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution, from its services and programs to visiting hours and essential contact information.
A Brief History
Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution is an all-male facility situated in Butner, North Carolina. Originally intended to house around 1,400 inmates, it has, over the years, evolved to its current capacity of 1,433 inmates. In 2006, it became part of the Butner Federal Correctional Complex, joining several other facilities within the complex.
This correctional institution places a strong emphasis on the well-being and rehabilitation of its inmates. It offers access to a range of medical and behavioral health services, including therapy for those in need. These services are essential in helping inmates reintegrate into society successfully once their sentences are completed.
A unique feature of Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution is the nearby firing range. This range serves various purposes, including training for law enforcement personnel and recreational activities for inmates. It plays a role in maintaining security within the complex and providing inmates with an opportunity for skill development.
Visiting an inmate at Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution is subject to specific rules and schedules to ensure a secure and orderly environment.
Visiting hours are as follows:
- Mondays and Fridays: 2:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
- Saturdays and Sundays: 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Holidays: 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
To manage visitation fairly, a point system is in place. Inmates are allocated 16 visiting points each month. Weekday visits deduct one point, while weekend visits deduct four points. This system helps regulate the frequency of visits and ensures equitable access for all inmates.
Adult visitors (those over 16) are limited to three at a time. However, there is no maximum limit for visitors under the age of 16. In cases where the visiting room reaches capacity, visitations may be terminated based on factors such as the distance the visitor has traveled and the frequency of their visits.
Money for Vending Machines
Visitors can bring up to $20 in coins for use in vending machines within the facility. For convenience, a coin dispensing machine is available if needed.
Adult visitors must present valid identification to gain entry to the facility. This requirement helps maintain security and confirm the identity of all visitors.
The visiting room includes a play area for children. However, it’s essential to note that children should not be left unattended during visits to ensure their safety and the overall comfort of the visiting environment.
Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution 2 Old North Carolina Highway 75 Butner, North Carolina 27509
Inmate Mailing Address
Inmate Name, ID Number Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution P.O. Box 1500 Butner, NC 27509
Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution plays a crucial role in the American corrections system, providing essential services and programs to its inmates. Understanding the facility’s visiting policies is vital for friends and family members who wish to maintain connections with their loved ones during their incarceration. By adhering to these guidelines, visitors can contribute to a safer and more rehabilitative environment within the institution.
- How can I schedule a visit to Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution?
- Visitors can schedule visits by contacting the facility directly or checking the official website for booking information.
- Are there any restrictions on items I can bring during visits?
- Yes, there are specific guidelines regarding items allowed during visits. It’s advisable to check the facility’s website for a comprehensive list.
- Can I send mail to an inmate at Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution?
- Yes, you can send mail to inmates at the provided mailing address. Ensure you include the inmate’s name and ID number for proper delivery.
- What types of programs are available for inmates at the institution?
- Butner Medium II Federal Correctional Institution offers a range of programs, including medical and behavioral health services, vocational training, and educational opportunities.
- How can I stay updated on any changes in visiting hours or policies?
- To stay informed about any updates or changes, regularly check the official website or contact the institution’s telephone number provided in this article.