East Moline Correctional Center
Keeping In Touch: Visitation at East Moline
Maintaining connections with loved ones is vital for an inmate’s mental well-being. At East Moline Correctional Center, visiting hours are from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm daily. However, it’s essential to arrive by 3:30 pm to ensure smooth processing into visitation. Inmates can enjoy up to five visits in a month, with the flexibility of two visits on weekends or holidays.
Should you need to visit or send mail to an inmate at East Moline Correctional Center, the physical address is as follows: East Moline Correctional Center 100 Hillcrest Road East Moline, IL 61244
For inquiries or to reach the facility, you can contact them at (309)-755-4511.
Inmate Mailing Address
When sending mail to an inmate, be sure to include their name and ID number, followed by the facility’s address: Inmate Name, ID Number East Moline Correctional Center 100 Hillcrest Road East Moline, IL 61244
Introduction to East Moline Correctional Center
Welcome to our deep-dive into East Moline Correctional Center, a medium-security facility situated in Illinois. Understanding the essence of correctional facilities, we’ll delve into what makes this center unique.
The History of East Moline Correctional Center
Construction and Design
East Moline Correctional Center, opening its doors in 1980, was designed to balance security needs and rehabilitation efforts. The architecture reflects this ideology.
Key Historic Events
Over the years, East Moline Correctional Center has faced a myriad of challenges and milestones that have shaped its operations today.
Location and Surroundings
East Moline Correctional Center, located off Illinois Route 5, is easily accessible, making visitation less of a hassle for families.
The Community Around
The center’s presence has had an impact on the surrounding community, influencing local policies and social dynamics.
Inside East Moline Correctional Center
Inmate Life and Programs
Emphasizing rehabilitation, East Moline Correctional Center offers an array of educational programs, equipping inmates with skills for their post-prison life.
Rehabilitation extends beyond education, with programs focusing on substance abuse treatment and mental health support.
Safety and Security
Ensuring the safety of inmates and staff is a priority at East Moline Correctional Center. Learn about the measures taken to maintain a secure environment.
Staff and Administration
A glimpse into the people running the center and their commitment to the welfare of the inmates.
Visiting Hours and Rules
In-person connections are vital for inmates. This section provides information on visiting hours and essential guidelines to follow.
What to Expect During a Visit
First-time visitors? We got you covered. Find out what to expect when you visit.
Stay connected with your loved ones. Here’s how you can reach out to inmates at East Moline Correctional Center.
Wrapping up our comprehensive look at East Moline Correctional Center, its past, present, and what it symbolizes in the broader context of corrections facilities.
- What is the capacity of East Moline Correctional Center?East Moline Correctional Center has a design capacity to house approximately 1,100 inmates, although the actual number may vary over time due to factors like facility renovations, changing correctional needs, and policies.
- What is the process for visiting an inmate at East Moline Correctional Center?To visit an inmate at East Moline Correctional Center, you generally need to be on the inmate’s approved visitor list. After that, you need to schedule a visitation time according to the facility’s rules and visitation hours. All visitors are subjected to a security check, and it’s important to adhere strictly to the dress code and conduct rules during the visit.
- What programs does East Moline Correctional Center offer to aid in rehabilitation?East Moline Correctional Center offers a variety of rehabilitation programs. These can include educational programs, vocational training, substance abuse programs, and mental health services. The goal of these programs is to prepare inmates for a successful reintegration into society upon release.
- What are the rules regarding sending mail or packages to inmates?Mailing rules can be strict to ensure the safety and security of the facility. Generally, you can send letters, and some facilities allow books to be sent directly from the publisher or retailer. All mail is subject to inspection, and there are restrictions on what can be included. It’s advised to check the specific mailing guidelines of East Moline Correctional Center.
- What safety measures does East Moline Correctional Center have in place to protect inmates and staff?East Moline Correctional Center implements a number of safety measures. These can include constant surveillance, routine checks, emergency procedures, strict contraband policies, and more. They also ensure adequate staffing and training to maintain order and quickly respond to any incidents. The health and safety of both inmates and staff are a top priority.