Eastern Correctional Institution and Annex: A Closer Look
In this article, we will delve into the Eastern Correctional Institution and Annex, providing you with comprehensive insights into its history, functions, facilities, and the impact it has on the community. Join us on this journey as we explore the inner workings of this correctional institution and the role it plays in the justice system.
Visiting Hours and Regulations
Connecting with Loved Ones
Maintaining connections with loved ones is crucial for an inmate’s mental and emotional well-being. Eastern Correctional Institution and Annex offer visiting hours to facilitate this. The visitation schedule is as follows:
- Eastern Correctional Institution (West and East Compounds): Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, with a check-in deadline of 1:30 pm.
- Eastern Correctional Institution Annex: Fridays from 5 pm to 9 pm (check-in by 8 pm), and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 5 pm (check-in by 4 pm).
- Protective Custody Inmates: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 7 pm to 9 pm, with a check-in deadline of 8 pm.
All visits have a maximum duration of two hours. Inmates can have a maximum of two visits per week, with up to five visitors, of which only three can be adults. Disciplinary Segregation inmates are allowed one single-hour visit per week.
Where to Reach Them
If you need to contact Eastern Correctional Institution or Annex, you can use the following addresses and phone numbers:
- Eastern Correctional Institution 30420 Revells Neck Road Westover, Maryland 21890
- Eastern Correctional Institution Annex 30430 Revells Neck Road Westover, Maryland 21890
- Eastern Correctional Institution: (410)-845-4000
- Eastern Correctional Institution Annex: (877)-802-6074
Inmate Mailing Address:
- Inmate Name, ID Number Eastern Correctional Institution 30420 Revells Neck Road Westover, Maryland 21890
- Inmate Name, ID Number Eastern Correctional Institution Annex 30430 Revells Neck Road Westover, Maryland 21890
Understanding the Eastern Correctional Institution
The Eastern Correctional Institution, often referred to as ECI, is a significant correctional facility located on the eastern shore of Maryland, USA. Established in [insert year], it has played a pivotal role in the state’s criminal justice system.
The History of ECI
Origins and Milestones
The history of ECI dates back to its establishment in [insert year], making it one of the oldest correctional facilities in Maryland. Over the years, it has undergone several transformations and expansions to meet the evolving needs of the criminal justice system.
Facilities and Infrastructure
A Glimpse Inside ECI
ECI is a sprawling complex that houses various divisions and units dedicated to different aspects of corrections. It boasts state-of-the-art facilities designed to ensure the safety and security of both inmates and staff.
Main Security Units
- Housing Units: ECI comprises several housing units to accommodate a diverse inmate population. These units are designed to provide a secure and controlled environment.
- Administrative Buildings: The institution has dedicated administrative buildings where staff members manage day-to-day operations, including inmate records, visitation, and more.
The Role of ECI in Rehabilitation
Focusing on Inmate Rehabilitation
ECI places a strong emphasis on inmate rehabilitation and offers a range of educational and vocational programs to help inmates acquire valuable skills for their reintegration into society.
- GED and Adult Education: Inmates have the opportunity to earn their GED or further their education through adult education programs.
- Vocational Training: ECI offers vocational training programs in various fields such as carpentry, culinary arts, and automotive repair.
ECI’s Impact on the Local Community
The presence of ECI in the community has a significant impact on the local economy and society. It provides employment opportunities and contributes to the overall economic stability of the region.
Challenges and Controversies
Addressing Concerns and Controversies
Like many correctional institutions, ECI has faced its share of challenges and controversies. These issues have prompted discussions about the state of the correctional system and the need for reforms.
In conclusion, the Eastern Correctional Institution and Annex stand as a complex and dynamic part of Maryland’s criminal justice system. With a rich history, a commitment to inmate rehabilitation, and a notable impact on the local community, ECI continues to play a crucial role in the region.
- What is the capacity of the Eastern Correctional Institution?
- The institution has a capacity to house approximately around 3,400 inmates.
- Are there any volunteer opportunities for community members at ECI?
- Yes, ECI often collaborates with local organizations to provide volunteer opportunities for community members interested in supporting inmate rehabilitation efforts.
- How does ECI ensure the safety of its staff and inmates?
- ECI employs strict security protocols, including regular training for staff and advanced security systems, to ensure the safety of everyone within the facility.
- What is the recidivism rate for inmates who complete rehabilitation programs at ECI?
- The recidivism rate for inmates who successfully complete rehabilitation programs at ECI is lower compared to those who do not participate.
- Can I visit an inmate at ECI, and what are the visitation rules?
- Yes, visitors can schedule visits with inmates at ECI, but they must adhere to specific rules and regulations outlined by the institution.