Exploring Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward: A Haven for Female Inmates’ Mental Health
In the heart of Queens, New York, lies a remarkable facility known as the Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward. This secure ward, nestled within the Elmhurst City Hospital, serves as a crucial haven for female inmates in need of psychiatric care for acute mental illness. In this article, we’ll delve into the intricacies of the Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward, from its location and visiting hours to essential contact information.
Location: Queens’ Shelter for Mental Health
An Oasis of Care
The Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward stands tall at 79-01 Broadway, Queens, NY 11370. It’s strategically situated to cater to the needs of female inmates who require specialized psychiatric attention. This facility plays a pivotal role in addressing the mental health challenges faced by incarcerated women, ensuring their well-being during trying times.
Visiting Hours: Connecting Inmates with Loved Ones
A Glimpse of Normalcy
Maintaining connections with loved ones can be vital for the mental well-being of inmates. Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward understands this need and has established visiting hours designed to accommodate such interactions.
Visitation days are determined based on the first letter of the inmate’s last name. To ensure a smooth visit, it’s essential to check the current visiting schedule. Please note that there are no visiting hours on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Wednesday and Thursday: Visitation registration occurs between 1 pm and 8 pm, with visits lasting until 9 pm.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Visitation hours extend from 8 am to 4 pm. Registration for visiting is available from 7 am to 2 pm.
These visiting hours aim to strike a balance between security protocols and the emotional needs of inmates, fostering a sense of connection and support during their rehabilitation journey.
Contact Information: Reaching Out to Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward
Your Questions, Answered
If you need to get in touch with Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward or have inquiries regarding an inmate’s well-being, the following contact information will be invaluable:
- Physical Address: Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward 79-01 Broadway Queens, NY 11370
- Telephone: For direct assistance, you can contact Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward at (718)-334-2107.
- Inmate Mailing Address: When sending mail to an inmate, ensure you include the following details for prompt delivery: Inmate Name, ID Number Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward 79-01 Broadway Queens, NY 11370
These communication channels are essential for maintaining contact with inmates and addressing any concerns you may have about their well-being.
The Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward plays a vital role in the Queens community, providing specialized psychiatric care and support to female inmates facing acute mental health challenges. Through carefully designed visiting hours and accessible contact information, the facility ensures that inmates remain connected with their loved ones and receive the care they need to rebuild their lives.
- Is Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward open to the public for visitation?Yes, the Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward does allow visitation, and the schedule is determined by the first letter of the inmate’s last name. Please refer to the provided visiting hours for more details.
- Can I send mail to an inmate at Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward?Absolutely. You can send mail to an inmate at the provided mailing address, ensuring you include the inmate’s name and ID number for accurate delivery.
- Are there any restrictions on items I can bring during visitation?To maintain security, certain items may not be allowed during visitation. It’s advisable to check with the facility for specific guidelines before your visit.
- Is Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward only for female inmates?Yes, Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward primarily serves female inmates in need of psychiatric care for acute mental illness.
- Are there any support services available for families of inmates at Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward?While the facility focuses on the well-being of inmates, they understand the importance of family support. You can reach out to the provided contact information for any inquiries or support services related to your loved one’s stay.