Article: “Enfield Correctional Institution”
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Approved Visiting Application
If you wish to visit an inmate at Enfield Correctional Institution, it’s imperative to have an approved visiting application on file. This stringent requirement is in place to ensure the safety and security of both visitors and inmates.
Odd/Even Visiting Schedule
Enfield Correctional Institution employs an odd/even visiting schedule. Inmates with an odd ID number have visiting privileges on odd days, such as the 1st, 3rd, and 5th of the month. Conversely, inmates with even ID numbers have visiting rights on even days like the 2nd, 4th, and 6th.
Detailed Visiting Hours
Visiting hours at this facility are scheduled as follows:
- Mondays: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Tuesdays: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursdays: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Fridays: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturdays: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Sundays: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Sundays: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
It’s important to note that all visits are limited to one hour in duration, so visitors should plan accordingly.
For the most up-to-date information on visiting hours, it is recommended to refer to the official schedule provided by Enfield Correctional Institution.
Enfield Correctional Institution 289 Shaker Road Enfield, CT 06082
If you need to contact the institution for inquiries or other purposes, you can reach them at (860)-814-4300.
Inmate Mailing Address
When corresponding with inmates at Enfield Correctional Institution, it is crucial to use the correct mailing address format:
Inmate Name, ID Number Enfield Correctional Institution PO Box 1500 Enfield, CT 06082
Enfield Correctional Institution is a medium-security prison located in the town of Enfield, Connecticut. Established in the late 19th century, the prison has a long history of serving the state of Connecticut as a place of incarceration for those convicted of crimes. In this article, we will explore the history, current operations, and future plans of Enfield Correctional Institution.
History of Enfield Correctional Institution
Enfield Correctional Institution was established in the late 1800s as a minimum-security facility for male inmates. In the early years, the prison was relatively small, with a capacity of only a few hundred inmates. Over the years, the prison has undergone several expansions and modernization efforts, becoming a medium-security facility and increasing its capacity to several thousand inmates.
Today, Enfield Correctional Institution is home to a diverse population of male inmates, serving sentences for a range of crimes. The prison offers a variety of programs and services to its inmates, including education and vocational training, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services. The prison is also equipped with a range of security measures to ensure the safety of staff, inmates, and visitors.
Controversies and Criticisms
Despite its efforts to provide a safe and secure environment, Enfield Correctional Institution has faced its share of controversies and criticisms over the years. There have been several high-profile escapes and security breaches, leading to concerns about the safety of staff and surrounding communities. There have also been allegations of mistreatment and abuse of inmates by staff members, leading to calls for reforms and increased oversight.
Life as an Inmate at Enfield Correctional Institution
For those serving time at Enfield Correctional Institution, daily life is structured and regulated. Inmates are expected to follow a strict schedule, including work, educational, and recreational activities. While work opportunities are limited, inmates may participate in vocational training programs to gain skills and work experience. Communication with family and friends is limited but available through visitation and various forms of communication, such as mail and phone calls.
Staff at Enfield Correctional Institution
The staff at Enfield Correctional Institution is made up of a diverse group of individuals, including correction officers, teachers, medical professionals, and support staff. To be eligible for employment at the prison, staff members must undergo extensive training and meet strict qualifications. Working conditions at the prison can be challenging, but staff members are provided with competitive benefits and opportunities for professional growth. Relationships between staff and inmates are professional but can also be complex and challenging.
The presence of Enfield Correctional Institution has had a significant impact on the surrounding community. The prison provides jobs and economic benefits to the area, but it has also been the source of some controversy and criticism. Relations between the prison and local residents and businesses can be strained, but the prison has also made efforts to be involved in the community through various outreach and partnership programs.
Reform Efforts and Future Plans
Enfield Correctional Institution is continuously looking for ways to improve conditions for inmates and reduce recidivism. This includes offering a range of programs and services, such as education and job training, to help prepare inmates for reentry into society. The prison also has plans for expansion and modernization to better serve the changing needs of the inmate population and improve the overall functioning of the facility. The prison is committed to working with community organizations to address the challenges it faces and find solutions that benefit both inmates and the community as a whole.
Enfield Correctional Institution has a long and complex history, serving as a place of incarceration for those convicted of crimes. Despite its controversies and criticisms, the prison continues to strive for improvement, offering a range of programs and services to its inmates and working to build positive relationships with the surrounding community. The future of Enfield Correctional Institution is uncertain, but the prison is committed to finding solutions that promote safety, security, and rehabilitation.
- What is the history of Enfield Correctional Institution? Enfield Correctional Institution was established in the late 19th century as a minimum-security prison for male inmates. Over the years, it has undergone several expansions and modernization efforts, becoming a medium-security facility with a capacity of several thousand inmates.
- What is the current operation of the prison? Enfield Correctional Institution is currently a medium-security prison for male inmates, offering a range of programs and services, including education and vocational training, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services. The prison is equipped with a range of security measures to ensure safety.
- What are the controversies and criticisms of the prison? Enfield Correctional Institution has faced several controversies and criticisms over the years, including high-profile escapes and security breaches, allegations of mistreatment and abuse of inmates, and calls for reforms and increased oversight.
- What is life like as an inmate at Enfield Correctional Institution? Inmates at Enfield Correctional Institution follow a structured daily schedule, including work, educational, and recreational activities. Work opportunities are limited, but vocational training programs are available. Communication with family and friends is limited but possible through visitation and various forms of communication.
- What is the role of the staff at the prison? The staff at Enfield Correctional Institution is made up of a diverse group of individuals, including correction officers, teachers, medical professionals, and support staff. Staff members must undergo extensive training and meet strict qualifications to be eligible for employment at the prison. Relationships between staff and inmates can be professional but also complex and challenging.