James V Allred Unit: A Comprehensive Look
Visiting Allred Unit
Connecting with Loved Ones
Maintaining connections with family and friends is essential for an inmate’s mental and emotional well-being. Allred Unit facilitates visitation on Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 5 pm for all offenders. However, the expansion cell block has visitation by appointment only, from Monday to Friday. It’s imperative that visitors be on the inmate’s approved visitors list before attending a visiting session.
Finding Allred Unit
If you plan to visit or need to send mail to an inmate, here are the relevant details:
- Physical Address: Allred Unit, 2101 FM 369 North, Iowa Park, TX 76367
- Telephone: (940) 855-7477 (069)
- Inmate Mailing Address: Inmate Name, ID Number, Allred Unit, 2101 FM 369 North, Iowa Park, TX 76367
H2: History and Background
Established in 1995, the James V Allred Unit is a maximum-security prison in Texas, a part of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
H3: Named After
It’s named after the former Texas governor, James V Allred, who was known for his contributions towards improving the state’s prison system.
H2: Location and Structure
H3: Geographical Location
Located near Wichita Falls, Texas, the Allred Unit sprawls across a vast area with multiple buildings.
H3: Architectural Design
Designed to hold a large number of inmates, the facility boasts a modern architectural design, ensuring both security and functionality.
H2: Population and Security
H3: Inmate Population
The Allred Unit houses over 3,800 inmates, making it one of the largest prisons in the state.
H3: Security Measures
The facility employs stringent security measures including electronic surveillance, fortified perimeters, and a large staff of trained officers.
H2: Life Inside the James V Allred Unit
H3: Daily Routine
Inmates follow a strict daily routine, including work assignments, meals, and recreation time.
H3: Rehabilitation Programs
The facility offers a variety of programs aimed at rehabilitating inmates, such as educational classes and vocational training.
H2: Staff and Administration
The administration at the Allred Unit is committed to maintaining order and ensuring the safety of both inmates and staff.
H2: Notable Incidents
While the Allred Unit has a relatively stable environment, there have been a few notable incidents over the years.
H2: Contacting and Visiting Inmates
H3: Visitation Rules
Visitation rules at the Allred Unit are strict, and visitors must adhere to them to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
H3: How to Send Mail
The facility has specific guidelines for sending mail to inmates, including restrictions on the type and quantity of items allowed.
H2: Public Opinion and Controversies
Like any prison, the Allred Unit has faced some controversies and criticism, largely concerning inmate rights and conditions.
H2: Role in the Local Community
The Allred Unit plays a significant role in the local community Apologies for the abrupt stop. Let’s continue.
H2: Role in the Local Community
The Allred Unit plays a significant role in the local community, providing employment opportunities and contributing to the local economy. Additionally, through various inmate programs, the prison also aids in the rehabilitation and reintegration of individuals back into society.
The James V Allred Unit, with its multifaceted operations, substantial population, and significant role in the community, stands as a key institution within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Its operations, while often under scrutiny, strive to balance public safety, inmate rights, and rehabilitation. As we move forward, it will be interesting to see how this unit continues to evolve in response to societal changes and demands.
- What type of facility is the James V Allred Unit?
- The James V Allred Unit is a maximum-security prison in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice system.
- When was the James V Allred Unit established?
- The James V Allred Unit was established in 1995.
- Who is the James V Allred Unit named after?
- The unit is named after James V Allred, a former governor of Texas who was known for his significant contributions to the state’s prison system.
- What is the capacity of the James V Allred Unit?
- The Allred Unit can house over 3,800 inmates, making it one of the largest prisons in the state of Texas.
- What kind of programs does the James V Allred Unit offer for inmate rehabilitation?
- The Allred Unit offers a variety of rehabilitation programs, including educational classes and vocational training, designed to aid inmates’ reintegration into society post-release.