John Lilley Correctional Center
John Lilley Correctional Center, located in Boley, Oklahoma, is a renowned minimum security prison dedicated to the rehabilitation and care of adult male inmates. With a capacity to house approximately 820 inmates, this facility stands out for its expertise in accommodating physically disabled and elderly prisoners, offering them the necessary support for their well-being and successful reintegration into society. In this article, we will explore the various aspects of John Lilley Correctional Center and the opportunities it provides for inmate rehabilitation.
Providing Comprehensive Medical Services
At John H. Lilley Correctional Center, the health and safety of inmates are of utmost importance. The facility ensures that all prisoners receive appropriate medical attention and care. The medical services available include emergency care, dental services, and specialized care for inmates with chronic or debilitating illnesses. Additionally, inmates confined to wheelchairs are provided daily assistance by the dedicated staff, ensuring their mobility and overall comfort.
Education and Rehabilitation Programs
Recognizing the importance of education and skill development, John Lilley Correctional Center offers a range of programs to inmates, empowering them with the knowledge and skills necessary for their successful reentry into society. One notable program is the Adult Basic Education courses, which provide inmates with opportunities to enhance their literacy and numeracy skills. Moreover, inmates have the chance to earn a General Educational Development (GED) diploma, a valuable accomplishment that can significantly improve their prospects for a brighter future.
Oklahoma Correctional Industries: Fostering Productivity and Skills
John H. Lilley Correctional Center collaborates with the Oklahoma Correctional Industries to offer select inmates the chance to participate in the chemical mattress and box factory operation. This program not only fosters productivity but also equips inmates with valuable vocational skills. Participating inmates contribute to the production of various items, including cleaning chemicals, mop heads, mattresses, and boxes. By engaging in meaningful work, they develop a sense of purpose and learn marketable skills that can positively impact their lives upon release.
A Unique Rehabilitation Initiative: Calf Production
An exceptional aspect of John Lilley Correctional Center’s rehabilitation initiatives is its small calf production program. In this program, fifteen inmates are involved in breeding cows and raising calves. This hands-on experience not only provides therapeutic benefits but also instills a sense of responsibility, empathy, and teamwork among the participants. The calf production program encourages inmates to develop valuable life skills while also contributing to the agricultural industry.
Visitation Hours and Guidelines
Maintaining connections with loved ones can be a crucial factor in an inmate’s successful rehabilitation journey. John Lilley Correctional Center recognizes this and facilitates visitation for inmates according to a structured schedule. The visitation days are divided based on the first letter of the inmate’s last name: inmates with last names starting from A to K have visitation on Saturdays, while those with last names starting from L to Z have visitation on Sundays. The specific visitation hours vary depending on the inmate’s assigned level:
- Level 1 inmates enjoy one hour of non-contact visitation from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm.
- Level 2 inmates are granted four hours of visitation from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Level 3 inmates benefit from six hours of visitation, scheduled from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Level 4 inmates have the opportunity for an extended visitation period of seven and a half hours, ranging from 8 am to 3:30 pm.
On state-recognized holidays, the visitation hours are adjusted as follows: inmates with last names starting from A to K have visits from 8:30 am to 11:30 am, while inmates with last names starting from L to Z have visits from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
For individuals seeking to get in touch with John Lilley Correctional Center, the following contact information is provided:
- Physical Address: John H. Lilley Correctional Center 105150 N. 3670 Rd. Boley, OK 74829
- Telephone: (918)-667-3381
- Inmate Mailing Address: Inmate Name, ID Number John H. Lilley Correctional Center Rt. 1, Box 407971 Boley, OK 74829
Location and History
John Lilley Correctional Center is located in the city of Boley, Oklahoma. It was established in the 1980s to help meet the growing demand for prison space in the state. The facility was named after former Oklahoma Governor John Lilley and has been in operation ever since.
Types of Inmates
John Lilley Correctional Center houses a variety of different types of inmates, including those serving time for a variety of offenses. The facility has minimum, medium, and maximum security levels, which allow it to accommodate a wide range of inmates.
Programs and Services
The facility offers a number of programs and services to its inmates, including education and job training programs, health and wellness programs, and religious services. These programs are designed to help inmates prepare for their eventual release and reintegration into society.
Visitation and Communication
Visitation rules and regulations are in place to ensure the safety and security of both inmates and visitors. Inmates are allowed to receive mail and make phone calls, and video visitation options are also available.
Safety and Security Measures
John Lilley Correctional Center takes the safety and security of its inmates and staff very seriously. The facility uses a variety of technology-based security measures, including electronic monitoring and surveillance systems, to help maintain order and prevent incidents. In the event of an emergency, the facility has established procedures in place to ensure a rapid response.
Staff and Training
The staff at John Lilley Correctional Center play a critical role in maintaining the safety and security of the facility. They are trained and qualified professionals who are dedicated to their work. Employee benefits and support are also in place to help staff members manage the demanding nature of their jobs.
Controversies and Criticisms
Despite its many successes, John Lilley Correctional Center has faced its share of controversies and criticisms over the years. Some have raised concerns about the conditions and treatment of inmates, while others have alleged misconduct by staff members. These issues have led to calls for reform and change.
In response to the controversies and criticisms, John Lilley Correctional Center has made a number of changes and reforms. These efforts have focused on improving conditions for inmates, increasing transparency and accountability, and ensuring that staff members are held to the highest standards of conduct.
In conclusion, John Lilley Correctional Center plays a critical role in the criminal justice system in Oklahoma. Despite some challenges and controversies, the facility remains committed to providing a safe and secure environment for its inmates and staff. By offering programs and services that help prepare inmates for their eventual release, the facility is helping to build a safer and more just society for all.
- What is the purpose of John Lilley Correctional Center?
- The purpose of John Lilley Correctional Center is to house and provide care and rehabilitation for state inmates.
- What type of inmates are housed at John Lilley Correctional Center?
- John Lilley Correctional Center houses a variety of different types of inmates, including those serving time for a variety of offenses.
- What programs and services are offered to inmates at John Lilley Correctional Center?
- Inmates at John Lilley Correctional Center have access to a range of programs and services, including education and job training programs, health and wellness programs, and religious services.
- How does John Lilley Correctional Center ensure the safety and security of its inmates and staff?
- John Lilley Correctional Center uses a variety of technology-based security measures, including electronic monitoring and surveillance systems, to help maintain order and prevent incidents. The facility also has established procedures in place to respond to emergencies.
- What efforts are being made to reform John Lilley Correctional Center?
- In response to controversies and criticisms, John Lilley Correctional Center has made a number of changes and reforms aimed at improving conditions for inmates, increasing transparency and accountability, and ensuring that staff members are held to the highest standards of conduct.