Lawrence Correctional Center
Visiting Hours and Contact Information
For families and friends wishing to visit their loved ones at Lawrence Correctional Center, here are some essential details:
- General Population Visitation: Visitors are welcome every day from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. To ensure timely processing into visitation, please arrive by 4 pm. Inmates are allowed six visits per week, with a limit of two visits on the weekend or holidays.
- Segregation/Non-Contact Visits: These visits are held daily from 9 am to 2 pm. To participate, you must arrive before 1 pm for processing.
If you need to contact Lawrence Correctional Center, you can reach them at (618)-936-2064. For sending mail to inmates, use the following address format:
Inmate Name, ID Number Lawrence Correctional Center 10930 Lawrence Road Sumner, IL 62466
Introduction to Lawrence Correctional Center
Lawrence Correctional Center, a name that many may not be familiar with unless one has ties to the Illinois Department of Corrections, is an intriguing institution with an intriguing history. But what really is Lawrence Correctional Center, and why should you be aware of it?
Location and Capacity
Located in Sumner, Illinois, Lawrence Correctional Center has been serving as a medium-security prison since its inception. With a capacity of approximately 2,200 inmates, it’s a substantial part of the state’s correctional system.
The Center’s history isn’t devoid of notable incidents. Its inception, growth, challenges, and the role it played in the correctional landscape have all been significant in shaping its identity.
Facilities and Services
But what’s life like inside Lawrence Correctional Center? What facilities and services does it offer?
Inmate programs are a key component of life in Lawrence. Educational programs, vocational training, and even personal development courses are available, aiding inmates in building a better future.
Visitation is a crucial element of prison life. At Lawrence, visits are regulated by a clear set of rules that prioritize security while also recognizing the importance of family ties.
Besides visits, inmates have access to other means of communication such as mail and telephone calls, subject to monitoring and regulations.
The accommodation at Lawrence is designed to provide inmates with the necessary living conditions while ensuring security and order. Inmates are typically housed in dormitory-style units.
Inmates receive three meals per day, adhering to nutrition guidelines. Special diets are also catered for those with dietary restrictions.
Safety and Security
Measures Taken for Inmate Safety
Lawrence Correctional Center places great emphasis on safety. A series of measures including regular checks, CCTV surveillance, and strict rules are in place to maintain inmate safety.
Staff Training and Management
The staff at Lawrence are extensively trained to manage the daily routines and any unexpected situations that may arise. They play a crucial role in ensuring the security of the institution.
In essence, Lawrence Correctional Center is a multifaceted institution, providing not just correctional services but also opportunities for rehabilitation and growth. It is a symbol of the balance between societal safety and individual betterment.
- What is the capacity of Lawrence Correctional Center? Lawrence Correctional Center has a capacity to house approximately 2,200 inmates.
- What type of programs does Lawrence Correctional Center offer to inmates? Lawrence offers various programs including educational, vocational training, and personal development courses.
- What are the visitation rules at Lawrence Correctional Center? The Center has a clear set of rules for visitation, emphasizing both security and the maintenance of familial relationships.
- What measures are taken to ensure inmate safety? Regular checks, CCTV surveillance, and strict rules are implemented to maintain safety.
- What kind of training does the staff at Lawrence Correctional Center undergo? The staff receive extensive training to manage daily routines and handle unexpected situations.