Omaha Correctional Center: A Comprehensive Overview
Omaha Correctional Center is a premier correctional facility that caters to medium and minimum security inmates. With its commitment to ensuring safety and offering comprehensive rehabilitation programs, it stands out among other correctional institutions. Let’s explore the exceptional features and services provided by the Omaha Correctional Center.
Accommodations and Security Measures
At the Omaha Correctional Center, inmates are allocated single, double, or multiple occupancy cells based on their respective security levels. This approach ensures that each offender receives appropriate supervision and care according to their individual needs. With a current capacity of 712 inmates, the facility efficiently manages the inmate population while maintaining a secure environment.
Education and Rehabilitation Programs
Recognizing the importance of education and personal growth, Omaha Correctional Center offers a range of educational programs tailored to meet the diverse needs of its inmates. The facility provides adult basic education and GED courses, empowering individuals to enhance their knowledge and skills. Additionally, inmates have access to substance abuse and mental health counseling, allowing them to address underlying issues and promote positive change in their lives. Furthermore, self-betterment classes are available, fostering personal development and facilitating successful reintegration into society.
Specialized Treatment Programs
Omaha Correctional Center prioritizes the well-being and successful rehabilitation of its inmates by offering specialized treatment programs. Among the available treatments are anger management courses, which equip individuals with effective strategies to manage their emotions and develop healthier coping mechanisms. Sex offender treatment programs address the unique challenges faced by individuals involved in such offenses, providing them with the necessary tools for rehabilitation and reducing the risk of reoffending.
Crisis intervention services are also available to ensure immediate support and assistance during challenging times. Additionally, Omaha Correctional Center offers psychiatric services, ensuring that individuals with mental health concerns receive proper evaluation, treatment, and ongoing care.
Visitation Hours for Loved Ones
Omaha Correctional Center understands the importance of maintaining family connections during incarceration. With this in mind, the facility has established visitation hours that accommodate the needs of both inmates and their loved ones. The visitation schedule is as follows:
Regular Visiting Hours:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 1:30pm-4:45pm and 5:15pm-8:30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 7:45am-10:45am and 12pm-3pm
To ensure a smooth process, visitor processing begins 30 minutes before the scheduled visitation hours. It is essential to arrive before visitor processing ends, which is 2 hours prior to the closing of the visitation times listed. Failing to arrive within this timeframe may result in the inability to process the visitation.
Convenient Location and Contact Information
For individuals seeking to visit or communicate with inmates at Omaha Correctional Center, the facility is conveniently located at the following address:
Omaha Correctional Center 2323 Avenue J Omaha, NE 68110-2766
If you have any inquiries or require additional information, the telephone number for Omaha Correctional Center is (402)-595-3964. The facility’s dedicated staff is available to assist you with any concerns or questions you may have.
Inmate Mailing Address
To correspond with an inmate housed at Omaha Correctional Center, please ensure that you include the following information in the mailing address:
Inmate Name, ID Number Omaha Correctional Center P.O. Box 11099 Omaha, NE 68110-2766
Ensuring accurate addressing helps facilitate efficient mail delivery and enables inmates to stay connected with their loved ones.
The facilities and services offered at Omaha Correctional Center
At OCC, inmates are housed in several different units, each with its own unique features and security levels. In addition to basic necessities like food and shelter, OCC also provides medical services, education and training programs, and work and rehabilitation opportunities to its residents. These services are aimed at helping inmates develop the skills and habits they will need to succeed once they are released.
The staff and administration at Omaha Correctional Center
The staff at OCC is made up of a variety of professionals, including correction officers, teachers, medical staff, and administrators. Each staff member has a specific role to play in ensuring the smooth operation of the facility and the well-being of the inmates. The administration is responsible for setting policies and procedures, managing budgets, and overseeing the day-to-day activities at OCC.
The daily life of inmates at Omaha Correctional Center
Inmates at OCC follow a strict schedule, with designated times for meals, work, education, and recreation. They are also subject to a set of rules and regulations designed to maintain order and safety within the facility. Despite the restrictions, many inmates form close relationships with each other and participate in various programs and activities.
Reforms and improvements at Omaha Correctional Center
In the past, OCC has faced criticism for various issues, including overcrowding, inadequate medical care, and abusive treatment of inmates. In recent years, however, the facility has made significant changes and improvements, including the construction of new housing units, the expansion of educational and rehabilitation programs, and the implementation of new policies aimed at reducing violence and promoting fairness and equality.
The impact of Omaha Correctional Center on the community
OCC has a significant impact on the local community, both economically and socially. The facility is one of the largest employers in the area, providing jobs to a large number of residents. It also contributes to the local economy through the purchase of goods and services. On a social level, OCC has been the subject of much debate, with some arguing that it serves as a necessary deterrent to crime while others believe it causes more harm than good. Regardless of one’s stance, it is undeniable that OCC plays a role in shaping the community in which it is located.
Controversies and challenges facing Omaha Correctional Center
Like any other prison, OCC has faced its share of controversies and challenges. Some of the most pressing issues include legal battles over the treatment of inmates, human rights concerns, and negative public opinion. Despite these challenges, OCC continues to work towards improving its services and programs, in order to better serve its residents and the community as a whole.
Conclusion and summary of the article
In conclusion, Omaha Correctional Center is a complex and multifaceted facility that plays a significant role in the lives of its residents and the community in which it is located. Despite its challenges, OCC is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive environment for its inmates, while also working to reduce recidivism and promote successful reentry into society.
- How many inmates does Omaha Correctional Center currently house? Omaha Correctional Center currently houses over 1,500 inmates.
- What services and programs are offered to inmates at OCC? OCC offers a range of services and programs to its residents, including housing units, medical services, education and training programs, and work and rehabilitation opportunities. These services aim to help inmates develop the skills and habits they will need to succeed once they are released.
- What is the role of the staff and administration at OCC? The staff at OCC plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the facility and the well-being of the inmates. The administration is responsible for setting policies and procedures, managing budgets, and overseeing the day-to-day activities at the facility.
- What is the daily life of inmates like at OCC? Inmates at OCC follow a strict schedule, with designated times for meals, work, education, and recreation. They are also subject to a set of rules and regulations designed to maintain order and safety within the facility. Despite the restrictions, many inmates form close relationships with each other and participate in various programs and activities.
- What reforms and improvements has OCC made in recent years? In recent years, OCC has made significant changes and improvements, including the construction of new housing units, the expansion of educational and rehabilitation programs, and the implementation of new policies aimed at reducing violence and promoting fairness and equality. These reforms are aimed at improving the quality of life for both inmates and staff, and making the facility a more effective and efficient place for rehabilitation.