Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility: Guiding Young Lives Towards Rehabilitation
In the heart of Racine, Wisconsin, stands the Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility, a medium-security prison uniquely designed to house inmates aged 15 to 24. This institution, with its commitment to reforming young lives, is comprised of two housing units, North and South, each accommodating roughly 120 inmates in multiple occupancy cells. Additionally, the facility boasts a 27-bed segregation unit. Beyond confinement, Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility offers opportunities for inmates to engage in meaningful work within the institution, such as serving daily meals and performing custodial tasks.
Fostering Education for a Brighter Future
Recognizing the importance of education in the lives of its young inmates, Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility places a significant emphasis on academic development. The facility provides adult basic education and GED testing to all offenders who do not possess a high school diploma. Furthermore, it offers a range of certification programs and vocational training options, including college-level courses, IT computer technician training, Masonry, Green custodial programs, and C-Tech basic courses. These educational opportunities aim to equip inmates with skills that will serve them well upon reintegration into society.
Connecting with Loved Ones
Maintaining connections with family and friends is vital for incarcerated individuals. Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility recognizes this and allows inmates in the general population up to nine hours of visitation each week, with a maximum of three visits during that time. Notably, one of these visits can take place during the weekend, providing inmates with opportunities for quality time with loved ones.
The visiting week at the facility begins on Tuesday and concludes on Sunday, with specific visitation hours in place. Weekend visits can last for two hours, while weekday visits can extend up to three hours. Visitation days are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 3:00 PM to 8:30 PM, as well as on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. For detailed guidelines and additional information regarding visitation, you can refer to the Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility Visitors Guide.
For those wishing to get in touch with Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility, the following contact information is provided:
Physical Address: Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility 1501 Albert St. Racine, WI 53404
Inmate Mailing Address: Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility Inmate’s Name and DOC Number (Housing Unit) P.O. Box 2500 Racine, WI 53404-0002
Sending Money Orders: When sending a money order to an inmate’s trust account, please use the following address:
Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility Inmate’s Name and DOC Number (Housing Unit & Cell Number) P.O. Box 44398 Racine, WI 53404-7007
Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility stands as a place of transformation and hope for young individuals who have made mistakes in their lives. With a focus on education, vocational training, and fostering connections with loved ones, this facility seeks to provide inmates with the tools they need to reintegrate into society as responsible and productive citizens.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the age range for inmates at Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility? Inmates at Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility are aged 15 to 24.
- What educational opportunities are available for inmates at the facility? The facility offers adult basic education, GED testing, and various vocational training programs, including college-level courses and IT technician training.
- How many visits are inmates allowed each week? Inmates in the general population can have up to three visits per week, with one of them potentially occurring during the weekend.
- What are the visitation hours at Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility? Visitation hours vary, but visits generally take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Specific hours are provided in the article.
- How can I send money to an inmate at Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility? You can send money orders to the inmate’s trust account using the provided address, including the inmate’s name, DOC number, housing unit, and cell number.