Robinson Correctional Center
Maintaining connections with loved ones is essential for the well-being of inmates. Robinson Correctional Center offers visiting hours to facilitate these connections:
- General Population Inmates: Visitors are welcome every day from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM. Each inmate can have up to seven visits in a month, with a limit of three visits on weekends or holidays.
- Segregation Inmates: For inmates in segregation, visiting hours are available every day from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. They are limited to one-hour visits twice a month.
It’s important to note that if you plan to visit during the last two hours of a visiting day, you may not be allowed to visit, so plan accordingly.
Getting in Touch
Should you need to reach Robinson Correctional Center, here is the contact information:
- Physical Address: Robinson Correctional Center 13423 East 1150th Avenue Robinson, IL 62454
- Telephone: (618)-546-5659
If you wish to send mail to an inmate at Robinson Correctional Center, please use the following format:
- Inmate Mailing Address: Inmate Name, ID Number Robinson Correctional Center 13423 East 1150th Avenue Robinson, IL 62454
Robinson Correctional Center, located in Robinson, Illinois, is an important correctional facility that plays a vital role in the state’s criminal justice system. This article provides an overview of the center, highlighting its history, facility details, inmate programs, security measures, staffing, rehabilitation efforts, community impact, challenges faced, and future prospects.
The Robinson Correctional Center has a rich history dating back to its establishment on November 8, 1985. Originally built to address the growing needs of the state’s corrections system, it has since evolved to become a modern and well-equipped facility.
The center spans a vast area and comprises various buildings and units designed to ensure the safety and well-being of both inmates and staff. With its state-of-the-art infrastructure, it provides a secure environment while offering necessary amenities and services.
Robinson Correctional Center is committed to the rehabilitation of its inmates. It offers a range of programs aimed at addressing various needs, including education, vocational training, substance abuse treatment, and mental health support. These programs aim to equip inmates with skills and knowledge that can help them reintegrate into society successfully.
Maintaining a secure environment is a top priority at Robinson Correctional Center. The facility utilizes advanced security systems, including surveillance cameras, access controls, and perimeter fencing. Additionally, highly trained correctional officers ensure the safety of both staff and inmates.
A dedicated team of correctional officers, administrators, healthcare professionals, and support staff works tirelessly at the Robinson Correctional Center. These individuals play a crucial role in maintaining order, providing support services, and facilitating the successful operation of the facility.
Rehabilitation is an integral part of the correctional system, and Robinson Correctional Center recognizes its importance. Through a combination of counseling, therapy, educational programs, and vocational training, inmates are given opportunities to develop new skills, overcome challenges, and transform their lives positively.
Robinson Correctional Center acknowledges its responsibility towards the community. It actively engages in initiatives that promote community integration and support services for inmates upon their release. By fostering positive relationships with local organizations and employers, the center aims to reduce recidivism rates and contribute to safer communities.
Operating a correctional facility is not without its challenges. Robinson Correctional Center faces issues such as overcrowding, limited resources, and the need for ongoing staff training. Addressing these challenges requires continuous adaptation, collaboration with external stakeholders, and innovative approaches to improve the overall effectiveness of the center.
Looking ahead, Robinson Correctional Center seeks to further enhance its programs and facilities. It aims to implement cutting-edge technologies, expand vocational training opportunities, and strengthen community partnerships. By embracing a forward-thinking approach, the center strives to provide better outcomes for both inmates and society.
Robinson Correctional Center serves as a critical institution within the Illinois correctional system. Its commitment to inmate rehabilitation, security, and community impact sets a commendable example. Through its programs and efforts, the center plays a vital role in fostering positive change and reducing recidivism rates. As the facility continues to evolve, it remains dedicated to achieving its mission of safe custody, rehabilitation, and successful reintegration.
- What is the purpose of Jacksonville Correctional Center?
- Jacksonville Correctional Center serves as a correctional facility to house and rehabilitate offenders within the Illinois criminal justice system. Its primary purpose is to ensure public safety, provide secure custody, and offer opportunities for inmate rehabilitation.
- How many inmates are housed at the facility?
- The number of inmates housed at Jacksonville Correctional Center can vary over time. For the most accurate and up-to-date information on the current inmate population, it is advisable to contact the facility directly or check with the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Are there educational programs available for inmates?
- Yes, Jacksonville Correctional Center offers a variety of educational programs to inmates. These programs may include basic literacy and numeracy courses, GED preparation, vocational training, and specialized skill development. The aim is to equip inmates with valuable knowledge and skills that can facilitate their successful reintegration into society.
- What measures are in place to ensure inmate safety?
- Jacksonville Correctional Center prioritizes inmate safety and employs various measures to maintain a secure environment. These measures include strict adherence to security protocols, surveillance systems, regular inspections, and trained correctional staff who ensure the well-being of both inmates and staff members. Additionally, the facility may have policies in place to prevent and address conflicts or incidents within the institution.
- Can family members visit inmates at the center?
- Yes, family members of inmates at Jacksonville Correctional Center are typically allowed to visit within specified guidelines and schedules. However, it is important to note that each correctional facility may have its own visitation policies and procedures. It is advisable to check with the facility directly or consult the Illinois Department of Corrections for detailed information on visitation rules and regulations.