Turney Center Industrial Complex
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Visiting an inmate at Turney Center Industrial Complex and the annex follows a rotating schedule based on the inmate’s unit. While we can provide a general idea of visitation hours, it’s essential to contact the facility for the most up-to-date information. Here’s an overview:
Main Site (Units 1-4):
- Saturdays and Sundays
- 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Main Site (Units 5 and 6):
- Saturdays and Sundays
- 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM
Annex and Technical Violators:
- Every other Sunday and holidays
- 11:30 AM – 3:15 PM
For more comprehensive information on visiting an inmate at Turney Center Industrial Complex or the annex, it’s advisable to consult the visitation handbook provided by the facility.
For those seeking to reach out to Turney Center Industrial Complex or the annex, the following contact details are available:
Main Site Telephone:
In case you need to correspond with an inmate at Turney Center, please use the following mailing addresses:
Main Site Mailing Address:
- Inmate Name, ID Number
- Turney Center Industrial Main Site
- 1499 R.W. Moore Memorial Highway
- Only, Tennessee 37140-4050
Annex Mailing Address:
- Inmate Name, ID Number
- Turney Center Industrial Annex
- P.O. Box 182
- Clifton, Tennessee 38425
The Turney Center Industrial Complex (TCIX) is a medium-security state prison in Tennessee that houses adult male offenders. The facility focuses on providing a secure environment and rehabilitation programs to its inmates. This article will take you through the history, location, infrastructure, educational and rehabilitation programs, and security measures of TCIX.
History and Background
The Turney Center Industrial Complex was established in 1979 as a response to the growing need for prison facilities in Tennessee. The facility was initially designed to accommodate 768 inmates but has since expanded to house a larger population.
Over the years, TCIX has evolved to adapt to the changing needs of the corrections system in Tennessee. The facility has undergone several expansions and renovations to increase its capacity and improve its infrastructure. It now houses more than 1,300 inmates and employs over 400 staff members.
Location and Infrastructure
TCIX is located at 1499 R.W. Moore Memorial Highway in Only, Tennessee. The facility is approximately 60 miles southwest of Nashville and is easily accessible via major highways.
TCIX consists of several housing units that accommodate a variety of security levels, ranging from medium to maximum security. The facility also has a designated unit for inmates with special needs or those requiring protective custody.
The Turney Center Industrial Complex is home to several industries that provide vocational training and employment opportunities for inmates. These industries include metal fabrication, woodworking, textiles, printing, and more. Inmates gain valuable skills while working in these industries, which helps them transition to life outside prison upon release.
Educational and Rehabilitation Programs
TCIX offers various academic programs, including Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Education Development (GED), and post-secondary education. These programs help inmates improve their literacy and numeracy skills, obtain a high school equivalency diploma, and earn college credits.
In addition to its industrial programs, TCIX provides vocational training in various fields such as automotive technology, welding, computer technology, and horticulture. These programs equip inmates with marketable skills that can help them secure employment upon release.
TCIX recognizes the importance of addressing the underlying issues that contribute to criminal behavior. Therefore, the facility offers a range of rehabilitation services, including substance abuse treatment, mental health services, and anger management programs. These services aim to reduce recidivism and help inmates reintegrate into society successfully.
The safety of both staff and inmates is a top priority at TCIX. The facility employs strict safety protocols, including regular head counts, controlled movement of inmates, and thorough searches of cells and common areas. These measures ensure that the facility remains secure and that any potential safety concerns are addressed promptly.
TCIX utilizes advanced technology to enhance security and maintain order within the facility. This includes surveillance cameras, metal detectors, and other security devices that help detect and deter any unauthorized activities. In addition, TCIX employs state-of-the-art communication systems that allow staff members to stay connected and respond quickly to emergencies.
The Turney Center Industrial Complex is a crucial part of Tennessee’s correctional system, providing a secure and rehabilitative environment for its inmates. Through its various programs and facilities, TCIX aims to equip inmates with the skills and resources necessary to reintegrate into society successfully. By addressing the root causes of criminal behavior and offering vocational training, academic programs, and rehabilitation services, TCIX contributes to the overall safety and well-being of the communities it serves.
- What is the Turney Center Industrial Complex? The Turney Center Industrial Complex is a medium-security state prison in Tennessee that houses adult male offenders. The facility offers a range of programs aimed at rehabilitation and skill development.
- Where is TCIX located? TCIX is located at 1499 R.W. Moore Memorial Highway in Only, Tennessee, approximately 60 miles southwest of Nashville.
- What kind of vocational training does TCIX offer? TCIX offers vocational training in various fields, such as automotive technology, welding, computer technology, and horticulture.
- What security measures are in place at TCIX? TCIX employs strict safety protocols, advanced technology such as surveillance cameras and metal detectors, and state-of-the-art communication systems to maintain a secure environment.
- What rehabilitation services are available at TCIX? TCIX provides rehabilitation services, including substance abuse treatment, mental health services, and anger management programs, aimed at reducing recidivism and helping inmates reintegrate into society successfully.